Tourism Ireland had a requirement to engage with an experienced provider of infrastructure consulting and implementation services to formulate and deliver a programme of work aligned with the organisations' three-year ICT strategy.
Version 1 conducted initial discovery exercises to produce a report containing a series of recommendations which would be the basis for defining the programme of work and for reviewing and refining the ICT strategy on an ongoing basis. This infrastructure review was conducted at all Tourism Ireland offices in all five continents. The programme of work includes: Hardware Refresh, Storage and Virtualisation (Server Consolidation, Disaster recovery), Email (Exchange 2007 upgrade), CommVault upgrade, Anti-virus, Windows Server Update Services, Windows upgrade, PC rollout and ongoing support and maintenance services.
Some of the key benefits have included:
- Improved infrastructure administration
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Increased Server Availability and performance
- Reduced Power Consumption, Rack Space, LAN cabling and cooling requirements
- Multiple Physical Servers available for reuse (Test/Development)
print page | email page